Normaal: 23,99 EUR
Nu: € 31,99
◼ 20% off to commemorate the London Olympics ◼
◼ Longman was founded in London in 1724 -that’s why ◼
Over 4000 five-star reviews for this UniDict® dictionary engine around the world
– thanks ★★★★★
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (5th Edition)
– For Advanced Learners (LDOCE5) © 2009
– Additions in 2011
Longman’s flagship learner’s dictionary, is now available as an iOS application.
Improve your fluency in English with the most up-to-date learner’s dictionary at your fingertips.
Now with integrated Thesaurus and Collocations Dictionary.
● 230,000 words, phrases and meanings – more than any other learner’s dictionary
● 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network show how English is really used
● 10,000 encyclopedic entries -people and places.
● Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
● Most frequent 3,000 words in spoken & written English, highlighted to show which are the most important to know
● Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
● The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors.
● Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 80,000 collocations will improve your fluency.
● Integrated Thesaurus. Over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve your vocabulary range.
♪ 86,000 pronunciation files —all headwords in both UK & US accents.
♪ another 86,000 recorded example sentences (via external links due to size)
Over 20GB of audio online!
Making this the largest resource of English available on ANY mobile platform!
● full content of the print dictionary
– PLUS additional collocations, synonyms & word histories
● complete front matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● spelling suggestion dictionary included
● hyperlinking directly to meanings & appendices
● search on idioms and phrasal verbs
● search by synonym and “sign-post” meanings
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible “universal app”
● “Retina Display” support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● Clipboard monitoring (iOS5)
● automatic history listing
● complete offline use (except for sentence sounds)
The ultimate learner’s resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Fifth Edition (LDOCE5)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009, 2011